PSYCHIATRIC REPORTS / MEDICO-LEGAL REPORTS
Tel: 0121 607 1790 Fax: 0121 535 7114 E-mail: email@example.com
General Terms are as follows:
1. Time is charged on an hourly rate for all time spent on the case. Preparation of a psychiatric report would involve reading all relevant documentation, the examination of your client and meeting any other significant parties. Typically reports take 6-9 hours +VAT
2. Fees in respect of a "without prejudice" meeting or conference with counsel would be charged per hour which includes time for traveling and waiting.
3. Court Attendance is charged at a daily rate per day or part thereof which includes time for traveling and waiting. Payment is expected whether or not oral evidence is provided.
4. Reasonable traveling expenses will be required for attending court or meetings outside Birmingham.
5. There would be a contingency cancellation fee per day if, for any reason whatsoever, any need to attend court is canceled and unless 10 working days notice is provided.
6. In legally aided cases (where fees are considered a disbursement), it is expected a prompt claim to be made to the Legal Aid Board and for us to be advised of any expected delay in settlement. In all other cases, Payment is expected within 60 days of the invoice date) (unless agreed beforehand). Call to discuss.
7. We will use our experience, care and skill in fulfilling your instructions to the best of our ability. Please remember that we are an independent witnesses
8. We will need photocopies that we can keep of the following documentation prior to our examination of a client:
(a) The entirety of a clients General Practitioner’s medical records.
(b) If a client has seen a psychiatrist, psychologist, counselors or any other such person in respect of psychological problems either prior to the accident or arising since the accident then we will need to see all relevant reports and letters arising there from
c) Copies of any witness statements.
9. The instructor (our client) accepts liability for the full fees as provided in the estimate. We are not willing to have our fees subject to taxation by the courts and look to our instructors to make payment for fees incurred at all times
For Rates and Full Terms & Conditions, Please Fax: 0121 535 7114